LEADING MAGNETIC DESIGN
Leading Magnetic Design Ltd designs, develops and manufactures custom-built electromagnetic telemetry systems. Our products are used worldwide in the oil & gas industry. Our Electromagnetic Measurement-While-Drilling (EM MWD) technology provides the ideal solution for telemetry during underbalanced drilling.
- Leading Magnetic design develops and produces custom-built, versatile EM systems for use in a variety of field conditions. Our products include the Twin EM MWD tool which works alongside existing MWD, and the DST SRO wireless surface readout for drillstem testing.
- LMD's durable and rugged EM equipment is designed in accordance with latest leading-edge scientific theory. Our high quality technical team are expert in all aspects of electromagnetism, signal generation and detection; our products are designed from first principles, leading to optimal performance across the board.
- LMD carries out pioneering hi-tech Research & Development and provides intelligent software solutions. We are happy to provide custom EM solutions tailored to your needs. In addition to user-cutomised tools, this allows us to design add-on EM compatible with the exact MWD interface you are using.
Faraday-Link magnetic telemetry for short and medium hop
Leading Magnetic Design are proud to introduce their latest downhole wireless communications solution - Faraday-Link, providing true downhole connectively across a range of environments and applications using Magnetic Inductive Telemetry.
Robust wireless data transmission for static and dynamic applications including MWD, RSS, logging, intelligent slickline and smart completions.
Download the LMD Faraday-Link flyer
- Strong yet efficient magnetic transmitter in combination with highly sensitive magnetic receiver is able to transmit across metallic barriers including behind casing/tubing and across plugs, packers and mud motors.
- Works in all well media and is not affected by the formation, completion or by well fluids including drilling mud or produced fluids.
- Battery or wired power for maximum flexibility.
- Bespoke packaging to suit individual application needs and technology footprint.
- Transparent data bridge with data transmitted and received in its native format for rapid tool integration.
- Already being used in drilling and smart completion applications.
- Patent pending.
SMART Cymru award
Leading Magnetic Design has benefited from financial support from the Welsh Government SMARTCymru programme, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The DEMETER project aims to design and develop a thermoelectrically powered EM telemetry repeater.